Marion Resource Recovery Facility
To shuttle semi-trailers from trailer loading point to parking area and disconnect/hook up to another trailer for loading. This process is onsite. No over the road driving.
Four (4) – ten (10) hour shifts || Tuesday thru Friday
- To operate equipment in a manner so as in insure safe, reliable and efficient manner and to insure the safety of fellow workers and customers.
- To insure that the Operations Manager and mechanics are advised of all maintenance, repairs or adjustments needed to the equipment at the end of each shift or sooner if required.
- Move semi-trailers around the yard as needed.
- To spot trailers or containers to loading dock or loading pit.
- To alert Operation Manager when fuel, oil or other supplies are needed in sufficient time to minimize equipment downtime.
- Connect and disconnect trailers
- Back into loading pit to stage trailers for loading.
- To provide site maintenance and clean up services.
- To assist in the movement on site of trailers, drop boxes and storage containers.
- Pull loaded trailer out of loading pit to stage for transport.
- Tarp/untarp as needed.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- To immediately report all accidents to supervisor/Operations Manager.
- To be aware and inform foreman or plant supervisor of any chemical or hazardous waste dumped on the floor and report name of company and truck number.
- To keep up to date informed of all marking, labels or warning signs pertaining to hazardous materials.
- To wear and maintain proper safety devices to ensure protection from injury or illness.
- To operate the equipment in a manner to ensure safety of the operator, fellow workers, and the customers.
- To attend all safety meetings.
- To report all unsafe conditions to the safety coordinator.
- Ability to receive and follow direction from supervisor
- Able to climb into and out of semi-trucks and trailers
- 1 year experience operating similar equipment.
- Valid Drivers license
- Work involves climbing, sitting, walking, pushing and standing. May be subject to outdoor weather conditions, dusty conditions and noise. Able to lift 50lbs
- STARTING $15/HOUR
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short/Long Term Disability after 60 day. 100% of benefit premium covered by employer. Great family benefits available.
- Simple IRA 401k with up to 3% company match
- Vacation and Sick accrued on monthly basis