Mid-Valley Garbage & recycling Association
The Recycling Coordinator will assist residential, commercial businesses and large multi-family customers in Marion County with the implementation of waste reduction and recycling services, as well as provide customers with technical assistance and on-site training to achieve recycling objectives. Most of the time will be spent out in the field working with customers. The Recycling Coordinator will also make presentations to community and business groups, attend meetings, conduct school assemblies, provide reporting, and maintain social media channels, under the direction and approval of the board and/or general manager. The ideal candidate will be highly personable and organized, have great presentation and oral and written communications skills, and have at least a little sales experience. Flexibility and a great attitude is required.
- Monitors and evaluates existing commercial, residential and special event recycling programs and makes recommendations for educational and service Support Association and Cities with implementation of Senate Bill 263.
- Coordinates and provides input and strategic guidance regarding the customer collection schedule with each Association member.
- Creates, develops and implements food waste recycling outreach programs and collateral material for use in promoting food waste education, recycling, and diversion to schools and businesses within the market service area. Drafts, organizes and conducts classroom presentations and responds to inquiries about recycling and other waste reduction
- Drafts, compiles and disseminates communications to customers to assist them in eliminating materials that contaminate recycling
- Creates or assists in the creation of the Association newsletter, semi-annual/annual reports, brochures, pamphlets, ads, slide shows, and other related Association publications for internal and external
- Performs commercial waste audits/assessments and recommends service levels for waste and recycling. Conducts and participates in waste characterization studies upon request. Provides Association members written reports of findings and
- Compiles statistics for food waste recycling tonnage reports, analyzes data for accuracies and trends. Analyzes monthly reports on outreach activities and maintains a calendar of reporting
- Participates in researching the availability of grants and other funding sources for recycle and waste reduction projects and assists in securing applicable
- Builds relationships and increases Association visibility to promote recycling and diversion programs through participation in community events, trade shows, chamber of commerce meetings and other applicable events, as necessary as the Association
- Organizes and completes proactive scheduled phone block activities to establish initial and follow-up appointments with customer decision-makers.
- Utilizes the Associations Customer Call Log on a daily basis, schedules and documents all activities, and develops robust information profiles on current customer base to facilitate and ensure proper recycling
- Schedules and conducts tours of local transfer stations, landfills or other
- Develop, monitor, and share Social Media sites and Association website.
- Performs other job-related duties, as required.
Experience, Education, Certification:
- High School diploma or E.D.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a customer-facing role that includes identifying and addressing customer
- Valid driver’s
- Bachelor’s degree in public administration, business administration, environmental management or related
- Experience in communication, business/economic or professional outreach
- Experience managing websites and using social media for educational and marketing
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to organize, manage and control workflow of concurrent
- Strong time management skills and the ability to adhere to and meet
- Ability to motivate employees to volunteer for community events and establish effective working relationships with office staff, city officials, community and business groups and general
- Excellent communication skills to effectively communicate to all levels of management, both internally and
- Strong active listening skills; gives full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions when appropriate, and letting others fully state their
- Grasps concepts quickly and has good follow through skills; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they
- Excellent written and verbal presentation
- Excellent self-motivation skills; strong work
- Trustworthy and maintains the highest level of confidentiality at all
- Service oriented; actively looks for ways to help